Happy Monday, friends! It’s a new week and I have some exciting news to share with you. If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen a couple of teaser posts (here and here) about an announcement that would be made today, alongside some of my favourite Toronto bloggers, Rebeca, Joëlle, and Jonathan. Well, I’m so happy to be able to finally share the good news with you guys: we’ve partnered with Upper Canada as official Upper Canada ambassadors for 2017!
All of those BTS shots we were taking were because the 4 of us are some of the new faces of Upper Canada for Spring/Summer 2017!!! …and keep on reading below because I’m sharing how you could become one too!
If you didn’t already know, Upper Canada announced a $60-million redevelopment and expansion plan at the beginning of the year to further define itself as Newmarket’s premier shopping mall. Along with the redevelopment, Upper Canada has completely rebranded – with a fresh new logo, look and feel! And today, Upper Canada has launched its exciting, new campaign that’s All About U.
All About U is about celebrating the everyday shoppers and community members – essentially, putting U in the spotlight!
So, what does this mean exactly?
Well, from Monday, May 1st to Friday, May 19th, Upper Canada will be hosting an open casting call both in-mall and online, where you can audition to become one of the new faces of the mall for their Fall 2017 campaign, yourself!
Here’s how it works:
- Head to Upper Canada between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on the weekend of May 6-7 or May 13-14
- Get your picture snapped at the photo lounge set up at Yonge Court (near Starbucks on the lower level) to enter
- There are no age restrictions for the casting call, so come with your friends, parents, grandparents, or your kids!
- You don’t need to be a model or an actor to participate. The whole purpose of this is for Upper Canada to focus on its REAL shoppers – of all ages, colours, shapes, and sizes!
- If you can’t make it into the mall on any of those dates, you can still submit one of your own photos online at uppercanadamall.com at any time between May 1st and May 19th
And guess what else? I’ll actually be at Upper Canada on Saturday, May 13th, so make sure to come on over to say “Hi”!
I remember being a young kid seeing in-mall casting calls before, and thinking how cool it would be to be one of the people selected. Now, it’s so surreal to be an actual ambassador for the mall, and have my face plastered all over Upper Canada directory screens!
Hope to see you all at Upper Canada on May 13th, and until then, here are some of the BTS and official photos for the launch of All About U!